[IRCServices] [Suggestion for next versions] Topiclock and last channels

Jollino jollino at sogno.net
Sun Feb 3 01:30:01 PST 2002

Sabato, febbraio 2, 2002, alle 06:23 , Andrew Church ha scritto:

>> 1) Topiclock. [...]
>
>      I like the idea of moving it to a separate command (/cs topic);
> I'll
> consider it for version 5.0.
My idea was to act like this:
- foo changes topic on #bar (via plain /topic)
- chanserv checks whether topiclock is set
- if topiclock is set to (e.g.) aop, chanserv checks whether foo has
aop - or higher - access on #foo
- if foo is >= aop, cs just does nothing; if he's not, cs will reset the
topic to the last one.
if the user used /cs topic, instead, cs would just do the check about
the topiclock level and refuse or accept to change the topic.
allowing to use the old /topic command would, IMO, be more transparent
to the end user.

>> 2) Last channels. [...]
>
>      I don't see that this is worth the trouble of adding it (and also
> adding all the other auxiliary stuff like HIDE LASTCHANS), since the
> user
> isn't online and thus you can't talk to them anyway, and if they were
> online you could just use /whois; and in any case you can always send
> memos.
It would be much like an extended /whowas command, which would return
the channels the user was, the same way a /whois returns the channels
the user is :)

Regards
  Daniele
--
Jollino [jollino at sogno dot net - jollino at chieti dot ch]
IRC Operator on irc.discussioni.org