[IRCServices] [Suggestion for next versions] Topiclock and last channels

Jollino jollino at sogno.net
Tue Feb 5 14:21:02 PST 2002

Domenica, febbraio 3, 2002, alle 12:28 , Jollino ha scritto:

>>> 2) Last channels. [...]
>>
>>      I don't see that this is worth the trouble of adding it (and also
>> adding all the other auxiliary stuff like HIDE LASTCHANS), since the
>> user
>> isn't online and thus you can't talk to them anyway, and if they were
>> online you could just use /whois; and in any case you can always send
>> memos.
> It would be much like an extended /whowas command, which would return
> the channels the user was, the same way a /whois returns the channels
> the user is :)

I was thinking about it twice: this could be useful to opers, at least,
who would be able to see where a user stays (in case of "controversial"
channels).

What would be nice, too, would be a voiceall option which would
automatically /mode +v anone who joins a channel. This could be nice for
help channels or other 'standard' channels where a user should feel "at
home" :P This should be, after all, the equivalent of implicitly adding
anyone to the VOP list.
Yes, this is quite useful, but some users have actually asked for it and
I had no clue :)

Talking about requested features, any chance of having a botserv in new
versions of services? Just a resident chanserv, that is...

See you :)
  Daniele
--
Jollino [jollino at sogno dot net - jollino at chieti dot ch]
IRC Operator on irc.discussioni.org