[IRCServices] What is wrong?

Mark admin at asarian-host.org
Sun Mar 10 21:38:00 PST 2002

Au contraire; it DOES help you to RTFM. :) Not understanding forces you to
become acquainted with the material. THAT is the learning process. When I
first set up my own IRC server, I ran for immediately help too, and I got a
response similar to yours, to go figure it out on my own. It felt rude at
the time, but they were right: making the effort to delve into the issue
makes you an overall better admin too, as it familiarizes you with various
sources, and how to use them. Honestly, as an admin you should be able to
find info on C/N lines; it is not higher math, nor is the info obscure or
hard to come by. A very simple search on the net will give you everything
you need. Not to mention the ever helpful manual, which was written for that
precise purpose. :)

- Mark

        System Administrator Asarian-host.org

---