[IRCServices] My ideas for WAKILL

Trevor Talbot quension at softhome.net
Thu Dec 12 20:55:01 PST 2002

On Thursday, Dec 12, 2002, at 02:38 US/Pacific, calimonk wrote:

>> An arbitrary processor such as the 'drone module' I mentioned
>> above can do something like upper/lower case character
>> probability analysis (in english: look for mixed-case junk).
>> Regular Expressions can't do that.

> If it can't be done by akills, because of the ircd then perhaps
> some sort of module for ircservices. One that does something
> like the 'drone' detector dalnet has.
>
> The thing only is, if you can't "Ban" people from a server with
> the 'regular expressions' then you have to face the fact that
> you will have to add MASSIVE amounts of seperate akills set by
> for instance a drone monitor in stead of the '1' regular
> expression akill.

One more comment before I let this drop (since Andrew has
already said it's on the TODO list).  More and more problem
bots like this are coming from exploited machines.  Since
those machines are the real problem, akilling each host like
you hinted would probably be the best approach anyway.  The
upside of this is that ircservices doesn't need ircd support
to be effective.

-- Quension