AW: [IRCServices] Starting Services with TR-IRCD5.

Tim Holmes tim at unixtechs.org
Mon Jan 6 22:49:01 PST 2003

| Hello;
|
| Let me try to explain the solutions to your problems.
|
| This means, thAt your network already has one services server, and you try to connect a second one, which introduces the same nicks: NickServ ChanServ ... so that they continously collide, and services runs into introduce_user() loop.

Well, I've checked a number of times, and the servers were not running.
They basically stopped running once they couldn't connect, and they
weren't running at all.  But as I changed the configuratin, it's the
H-line that it was complaining about.

| Killing an ircd means, that you did not set up the connect block for the server where services connects, on the OTHER server correctly. Linking services means, that this server is a HUB, since more than one server is connected to it (services, and the other server)  This requires you to set ishub = yes; in the connect {} of the other server. Moreover, you have to set the services also as a hub, otherwise a /operserv JUPE will cause "interesting" effects.  Unless you run the ircds in a non-native mode, the protocol will inform
| the leaf server that the services server is U:Lined and is also a hub, so you do
| not need additional connect entries for the services on the leaf server.

In the serveropt directive, I have my server for hub = yes;, the other
linked server should say hub = no;.  So at this point all it needs is a
line for each link to say ishub = yes;?

Having done that now, it still manages to kill the IRCD.

IRC Services 5.0.2 starting up
httpd/main: Listening on 127.0.0.1:12701
protocol/trircd: WARNING: missing IP address for new nick Nick1
user: New maximum user count: 1
protocol/trircd: WARNING: missing IP address for new nick Nick2
user: New maximum user count: 2
user: New maximum user count: 3
unknown message from server (E :Closing Link: 0.0.0.0 (Sorry, no
H-line.))
Read error from server: Connection reset by peer

Is there something else I'm missing, or am I just not understanding
things properly?

| This is explained above. Your hub, the server services connects to, must be declared as a hub on all of its leafs.
|
| > Any help is GREATLY appreciated!  Thanks!
| > tdh
|
| Regards;
| yusuf

tdh