AW: [IRCServices] Starting Services with TR-IRCD5.

Yusuf Iskenderoglu uhc0 at rz.uni-karlsruhe.de
Mon Jan 6 21:33:01 PST 2003

Hello;

Let me try to explain the solutions to your problems.

> I finally have it connecting but now there seems to be
> another problem. Here's what the log complains about:
> http://ic.net/~timh/ircservices.log

This means, that your network already has one services server, and you
try to connect
a second one, which introduces the same nicks: NickServ ChanServ ... so
that they
continously collide, and services runs into introduce_user() loop.

> Why's this happening?  When I set RemoteServer to the same port that
IRCD is
> running on, it kills the IRCD.  I set it to another one, and now I
have this
> problem.  When the ports are the same, I see this in the log file.

Killing an ircd means, that you did not set up the connect block for the
server
where services connects, on the OTHER server correctly. Linking services
means,
that this server is a HUB, since more than one server is connected to it
(services, and the other server)
This requires you to set
ishub = yes;
in the connect {} of the other server. Moreover, you have to set the
services
also as a hub, otherwise a /operserv JUPE will cause "interesting"
effects.
Unless you run the ircds in a non-native mode, the protocol will inform
the leaf
server that the services server is U:Lined and is also a hub, so you do
not need
additional connect entries for the services on the leaf server.

> [Jan 06 10:56:51 2003] unknown message from server
> (E :Closing Link: 0.0.0.0 (Sorry, no H-line.))
> [Jan 06 10:56:51 2003] Read error from server: Connection reset by
peer

This is explained above. Your hub, the server services connects to, must
be declared
as a hub on all of its leafs.

> Any help is GREATLY appreciated!  Thanks!
> tdh

Regards;
yusuf

| Yusuf Iskenderoglu                | You get to meet all sorts, |
| eMail - uhc0 at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de| in this line of work...    |
| eMail - s_iskend at ira.uka.de       |                            |
| ICQ UIN : 20587464 \ TimeMr14C    |                            |