[IRCServices] Is it possible?

Saturn (Dave) saturn at telus.net
Mon Mar 10 09:39:52 PST 2003

I have an easier suggestion, again it will stop about 99.9% of users who do not connect using the java...  Simply have the Java applet assign a unique (non-word) ident to every user (same ident for everyone) -- most java applets assign this anyhow.  then in your server(s) put in an I line (I think it's "I" -- the one that specifies who's allow to connect).  The I line will allow *javaident@*  which my definition will block everyone who doesnt have the special ident.  A few really creative people may figure out the ident, and if you see a lot of that, then change the java ident again and change your I line to reflect that.

Saturn
irc.jetirc.net