[IRCServices] IRCSERVICES-5.0.14

Andrew Church achurch at achurch.org
Thu Mar 20 16:45:58 PST 2003

>I upgraded from IRCSERVICES-5.0.0 to 5.0.14 and made sure the ircservices
>.conf
>and modules.conf files were in the /services/lib dir... Now when I run th
>services script, I get an error in my log saying, "UNABLE TO LOAD DEFAULT
>
>LANGUAGE"...and then I get a list of all these errors regarding different
>
>languages saying, "Failed to load language 0, 1, 2, 3, etc.. : Permission
>
>Denied."  I would copy/paste but I'm a different machine.  I double-check
>ed
>the /services/lang dir to make sure I had the correct permissions.  What
>did
>I miss??

     Make certain all of the parent directories have proper permissions as
well.  If your data directory is /home/services/lib, for example, then not
only the /home/services/lib directory but also the /home/services and /home
directories need to be executable by the user Services runs as.

  --Andrew Church
    achurch at achurch.org
    http://achurch.org/