[IRCServices] SQLINE doesnt remove ircd QLines when /OS SQLINE DEL used?

Craig Edwards brain at brainbox.winbot.co.uk
Thu Mar 20 04:32:25 PST 2003

Hi,

Recently we've been using OS SQLINE a lot, for banning nicks of drones etc. /os sqline add works fine, and sends a Q-line to the server (Unreal3.2-beta15), which is visible with /stats q....

[12:25] --- [OPA]God*way :Reserved nickname: Impersonating members of other alliances
[12:25] --- *[*HA*]*!*@* :Reserved nickname: Banned Alliance.
[12:25] --- OS :Reserved nickname: Impersonating services
[12:25] --- MS :Reserved nickname: Impersonating services
[12:25] --- CS :Reserved nickname: Impersonating services
[12:25] --- NS :Reserved nickname: Impersonating services

however......
if we later do /os sqline del, on a mask that was permenant, as we decide we dont need the ban any more, the Q-line isnt removed from unreal's list, and still exists. Rehashing doesnt remove it. Im assuming restart will, but this is too drastic an action to take to remove what is supposed to be a removable Q-line.

Im sending this email as we are unsure wether it is ircservices at fault and not sending the right commands to remove the Q-line, or wether it is unreal just plain ignoring its instructions, or a combination of both :P

Thanks for your time :)

Craig Edwards <mailto:brain at brainbox.winbot.co.uk>
WinBot IRC client developer: http://www.winbot.co.uk
ChatSpike - The users network: http://www.chatspike.net