[IRCServices] tri-ircd5 and ircservices-5.0.14

Fireman fireman at nitrousnet.net
Thu Mar 27 18:56:54 PST 2003

Hello,

I have searched this list for an anwer to my problem to no avail.  We are wanting to migrate our network to tri-ircd5 and ircservices-5.0.14.
Both compile fine and the ircd starts with no problems, nor do I get any errors on a /rehash.  But when I start ircservices, I get this:

-testserv.nitrousnet.net- *** Routing -- Unauthorized server connection attempt from [xx.xx.xx.xx]: Bad password for server services.nitrousnet.net

Here is my connect directive in the ircd config file:

connect {
        name = "services.nitrousnet.net";
        host = "xx.xx.xx.xx";
        send_password = "CC175B9C0F1B6";
        accept_password = "CC175B9C0F1B6";   /* please hash this with /mkpasswd or ircpasswd */
        encrypted = no;
        compressed = no;
        autoconnect = no;
        ishub = yes;
        aftype = ipv4;
        class = 1;
        port = 3333;
        ultimate = yes;
};

I have done this every way I can think of.  I have encrypted the password on the server side, put the same output into the services config file.  Doesn't work.
I have encrypted the password on the server side, put the plain text password into the services config file.  Doesn't work.  I have compiled the ircd without openssl or zlib support and used plain text passwords on both sides.  Doesn't work.  Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong ?  I'm not new to ircd's or services but this one has me baffled.

Thanks in advance,

Ken