[IRCServices] tri-ircd5 and ircservices-5.0.14

Finny Merrill griever at t2n.org
Thu Mar 27 20:42:06 PST 2003

On Thu, 27 Mar 2003 20:56:54 -0600, Fireman <fireman at nitrousnet.net> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have searched this list for an anwer to my problem to no avail.  We are
> wanting to migrate our network to tri-ircd5 and ircservices-5.0.14.
> Both compile fine and the ircd starts with no problems, nor do I get any
> errors on a /rehash.  But when I start ircservices, I get this:
***snip***
> I have done this every way I can think of.  I have encrypted the password
> on the server side, put the same output into the services config file.
> Doesn't work.
> I have encrypted the password on the server side, put the plain text
> password into the services config file.  Doesn't work.  I have compiled
> the ircd without openssl or zlib support and used plain text passwords on
> both sides.  Doesn't work.  Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong ?
> I'm not new to ircd's or services but this one has me baffled.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Ken

Hey fireman, ltns :)

all I can think of doing is running ircservices on the highest debug level
to see what data is being sent over the connection. Wipe your log file,
start services once and see if the log file contains any useful info...

If you can't see anything, send a copy of the logfile to me
(griever at t2n.org)
(I'm not sure if you're supposed to send it to the list or not) and I'll
attempt to decipher it.