[IRCServices] Set Secure

Stefan Funke bundy at usage.de
Tue Apr 15 14:49:54 PDT 2003

On 2003-04-16 (05:51, +0900), Andrew Church <achurch at achurch.org> wrote:

> >Hello everybody;
> >
> >I think chanserv set secure option isnt working well.
> >
> >As services says
> >-ChanServ- Enables or disables ChanServ's security features for a
> > -ChanServ- channel. When SECURE is set, only users who have registered
> > -ChanServ- their nicknames with NickServ and IDENTIFY'd with their
> > -ChanServ- password will be given privileges on the channel as
> > -ChanServ- controlled by the access list.
> >
> >it seems good but when a founder makes autoop levels 0 then any un
> >registered nickname can be op. So there is a problem here because chanserv
> >doesnt check if nick is a registered or not when we set autoop level 0.
> >
> >Any idea?
>
>      Services is performing exactly as the help messages state.  Any
> nickname not on the access list automatically has an access level of 0; if
> you set the auto-op level to 0, then obviously, any nickname not on the
> access list will be auto-opped.  If this wasn't your intention, then the
> solution is simple:  Don't set the auto-op level to 0.

Not really - cs "secure on" means that only registered and identified
nicks (users in status 3) get an op. That means together with AutoOp level
0 everyone with (nick)status 3 will get an OP. Others will fit in any
other level or won't get another umode.

However, that whats fits in my logic ;-)

 - Stefan

--
 Work is for people who don't have Internet access.