[IRCServices] Set Secure

Andrew Church achurch at achurch.org
Wed Apr 16 05:51:50 PDT 2003

>Hello everybody;
>
>I think chanserv set secure option isnt working well.
>
>As services says
>-ChanServ- Enables or disables ChanServ's security features for a
> -ChanServ- channel. When SECURE is set, only users who have registered
> -ChanServ- their nicknames with NickServ and IDENTIFY'd with their
> -ChanServ- password will be given privileges on the channel as
> -ChanServ- controlled by the access list.
>
>it seems good but when a founder makes autoop levels 0 then any un
>registered nickname can be op. So there is a problem here because chanserv
>doesnt check if nick is a registered or not when we set autoop level 0.
>
>Any idea?

     Services is performing exactly as the help messages state.  Any
nickname not on the access list automatically has an access level of 0; if
you set the auto-op level to 0, then obviously, any nickname not on the
access list will be auto-opped.  If this wasn't your intention, then the
solution is simple:  Don't set the auto-op level to 0.

  --Andrew Church
    achurch at achurch.org
    http://achurch.org/