[IRCServices] IRCServices languages

Craig Edwards brain at brainbox.winbot.co.uk
Mon Apr 21 15:14:06 PDT 2003

Just thought up this idea while talking to someone. I dont know if its really *that* stupid (i know its probably VERY hard to do) but it made sense to me at the time... see what you think:

[22:09] <Brain`> hmm
[22:09] <Brain`> i wonder what the point is of having langauges in services.
[22:09] <Brain`> changing the languages alters the spoken language of the output
[22:09] <Brain`> but it doesnt change the commands
[22:10] <Brain`> if you set it to french, you still have to /msg nickserv register blah blah
[22:10] <Brain`> and not /msg nickserve registre le blah la blah ooh la la
[22:10] <Brain`> :P
[22:10] <Brain`> get how i mean?
[22:10] <Brain`> register isnt "register" in french, spanish, german... ;)
[22:10] <Brain`> still not much help to a non-english speaker :D

what im saying is.... that it would be a good idea if services could change its *input* language as well as its *output* language, so that non-english speakers may use it easier. I know this isnt neccessarily a good idea, or an easy one and would take lots of translation but i believe its possible. Just an idea...

Brain