[IRCServices] Services 5.0.20 released

Andrew Church achurch at achurch.org
Wed Jun 25 18:41:47 PDT 2003

>I read the manual, however, I did not see anything on the procedures to
>upgrade IRCServices without losing any data or information.  Can someone
>please assist me with this?

     Your data will not be affected by an upgrade; Services does not
touch the database files during compilation or installation.  If you're
compiling from source and you downloaded the tarball rather than patching
your current source from the diff file, you may want to copy the
config.cache file from your old source directory to the new one to save
the trouble of re-entering the installation directories, but on the other
hand, even if you forget to copy it, you just have to enter the same
directories again and the new version will automatically pick up your
databases.

  --Andrew Church
    achurch at achurch.org
    http://achurch.org/