[IRCServices] ircu 2.10.x

Craig Edwards brain at brainbox.winbot.co.uk
Wed Jun 25 06:21:41 PDT 2003

Hi.

Just had a bit of time to read through the ircservices site again for the first time in god knows how long. I was looking at the supported ircd's list and noticed that a certain ircd (ircu 2.10.x) is unsupported and says you will not be adding support for this. As a programmer of an ircd myself, i was wondering why it was decided not to write a module for ircu 2.10.x, so that i can avoid similar mistakes when writing my ircd, that will hinder its compatibility with services. (some things which have been pointed out a problem, such as dynamic routing, we have developed ideas to work around, and will work theoretically... but we still have to actually get off our asses and code them!) I guess this was probably discussed in the ircservices list a long time ago, but i probably lost the emails or wasn't even subscribed to this list back then. Any information, hints and tips you give are appreciated :)

Thanks,
Craig

InspIRCd Developer