[IRCServices] Chanserv forbid..

Ross Carlson bytor at tribes2maps.com
Wed Jul 9 19:46:23 PDT 2003

> On Tue, 8 Jul 2003 17:13:21 -0300, Diego B. Contezini
> it seems to me that nickserv and chanserv FORBID are designed for
> nicks and channels in which something is wrong with the nick
> or channel *name*, and not the person or group of people involved.
>
> Therefore, when using forbid, the reason for forbidding that
> nickname/channel name should be obvious.

On my network, we often have to forbid channels for reasons other than the
name. When I look at our forbidden list, I can't tell why half of them are
forbidden, and I have to check my IRC client logs. A reason would be great.

-Ross

| Tribes 1 & 2 Chat Server Admin    |
| Email:  bytor at tribes2maps.com     |
|         bytor at sierra.com          |