[IRCServices] Feature Request - SVSMODE vs SVS2MODE with Unreal

Kieron Thwaites ron2k at webmail.co.za
Sun Mar 21 07:46:44 PST 2004

Yes, I'm back...

I've just been following an interesting conversation over
at UnrealIRCd, concerning a user who didn't have user modes
set by NickServ (eg +r) showing up. It transpired that the
services package that that user was using used Unreal's
SVSMODE command, which does change the mode but does so
invisibly. Unreal also features the SVS2MODE command which
does the same thing as SVS2MODE, but makes it visible to
the user.

Now, I understand that some networks might like to use
SVSMODE and others might want to use SVS2MODE. Which brings
me to my feature request. Would it be at all possible to
add a feature to let users choose between SVSMODE and
SVS2MODE (make it an option in modules.conf) when using the
Unreal protocol (as well as other ircd's with a similar
feature).
http://www.webmail.co.za/dialup Webmail ISP - Cool Connection, Cool Price