[IRCServices] Feature Request - SVSMODE vs SVS2MODE with Unreal

Andrew Church achurch at achurch.org
Tue Mar 23 10:00:34 PST 2004

     I agree with Yusuf here--since the user can get their modes with /mode
anyway, there's no sense in having a command that hides the change from
them.  And even if there was, every other ircd with SVSMODE informs the
user upon an SVSMODE mode change, so if Unreal is going to make two
commands, they should make SVS2MODE the one that doesn't inform the user.
So the official answer is no, I'm not going to modify Services to support
this Unreal feature; if it bothers you, bug the Unreal developers until
they change/remove it.  (I'll be sending a message their way myself.)

  --Andrew Church
    achurch at achurch.org
    http://achurch.org/