[IRCServices] Compiling on OS X

Kelmar K. Firesun kfiresun at ix.netcom.com
Sun May 16 11:42:39 PDT 2004

As of OS 10.3.x support for the dyndl fuctions have become available.

However, I have not had much luck with the ar utility playing nice.
I can run it by hand, but it bombs out when running make.

As a side note there needs to be a -fno-builtin option passed to the
compiler on Mac OS X so you don't get that anoying warning about the
builtin log function conflicting with that of the log function defined
within Services itself.  This can be added to the second appearance
of the MORE_CFLAGS variable in the top level Makefile.

e.g.:
MORE_CFLAGS = -g -fno-builtin -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes

I'll keep playing with it until I can get it to work.  I think it
just boils down to some tweaking of the various Makefiles.

Kelmar K. Firesun (IRL: Bryce Simonds)
Assistant Admin: dream.esper.net