[IRCServices] General help please!

Andrew Church achurch at achurch.org
Tue Aug 31 01:01:42 PDT 2004

>Everything compiled okay, but when starting the service we got an error relating to sync_operserv_db, is there a fix? I can reproduce the error if needed.

     This isn't enough information to help find the bug.  See FAQ Z.3.

>I see that there's an option that only Admins can register channels on ChanServ, which is what we wish to do. How is this dealt with? Do admins still use the REGISTER command and if so which syntax? I couldn't find much documentation regarding it.

     Yes; the option is CSEnableRegister, and it's documented fully in
Appendix A of the manual.  (I'll add an explicit reference to it in section
3 as well to clarify this.)

>Also, is there a way to make ChanServ "sit" permanently in registered channels and be protected from kicks/deops? I heard about a patch for this, but haven't been successful in finding it.

     I can't speak for others, but as far as I'm concerned, see FAQ Z.6.
(With all due respect, I and others would appreciate if you would take time
to RTFM before writing to the mailing list.  The manual is there for a
reason.)

  --Andrew Church
    achurch at achurch.org
    http://achurch.org/