[IRCServices] Database WAS: out of buffer?

Craig McLure Craig at frostycoolslug.com
Thu Jan 27 11:05:07 PST 2005

As a note, a 'fairly large userbase' would have to be something like
15,000 users.. Our database updates very quickly, and we have over 7,000
nicknames registered.

If you are looking for implementation into a website, we have created
code to do just that, but rather than porting the database to MySQL, we
have created a 'go-between' between the services structs, and a php
script. The pseudoclient opens a socket on 127.0.0.1, and any
connections made to it start with an A token, for example, A NICK
PASSWORD, the service will then query the users struct, return A OK /
FORBIDDEN / INVALID, based on what it finds there :)

Its a simple system, but works well for us :)

This may not be what you use XML exporting for, but a lot of people ask
about using seperate database archetectures(sp) for services, to make it
easier for manipulation from the 'outside', maybe concider coding a
pseudo like we have that makes the task easier :)

  *     Craig "FrostyCoolSlug" McLure
  *       Craig at FrostyCoolSlug.com
  * InspIRCd   - http://www.inspircd.org
  * ChatSpike  - http://www.chatspike.net