[IRCServices] Chanserv UNBAN bug?

Andrew Church achurch at achurch.org
Sat Feb 19 14:37:37 PST 2005

>I connect and have my IP example 255.255.25.2 I have my actual hostname on the server which will be something like ppp255-255.lns2.syd3.internode.on.net then I oper and get a vhost of my.vhost
>
>Now ?'s work as they should in your vhost and server hostname. However try banning *!*@255.255.??.? When you go to unban it will say you have been unbanned, yet you are still banned.

     I think you mentioned you were using Unreal--in that case, Unreal
doesn't send IP addresses to remote servers, so there's no way for Services
to tell whether a given ban matches your IP address.  I agree it's
confusing, though, and I'll contact the Unreal developers to see if
anything can be done.

     On a side note, please be aware that it is a violation of netiquette,
and of the law in some areas, to post private E-mail on a public list
without consent of the sender.

  --Andrew Church
    achurch at achurch.org
    http://achurch.org/