[IRCServices] newbie kickstart document

Florin Andrei florin at andrei.myip.org
Mon Feb 28 17:15:11 PST 2005

Hi, i'm new to ircservices. I'm trying to use it together with Unreal as
an instant messaging server for myself and my co-workers. We want to be
able to register nicks, register channels, control access to channels,
etc.
I succeeded in doing preliminary configuration on Unreal and ircservices
and getting them to work together. But it's not clear which road i
should take from here to the goal stated above.

Do you guys happen to have a "newbie kickstart document" to speed up
things for a newcomer? Essentially, how to bootstrap a small population
of admins, create a few channels and assign access permissions and
things like that.
Do i have to login as SuperUser and create admins? If yes, then i should
probably password-protect that nick pretty soon now, right?

Thanks,

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/