[IRCServices] problem while creating admins

Dionisios K. vonitsa_net at yahoo.gr
Wed Mar 2 09:56:52 PST 2005

>From these ive read from ur email i can see that u
dont know basic things (to be a services root) for
services&ircds. My opinion is that u should read the
manuals and documents for these things first and then
if u have problems or questions send an email here
again. Everyone here will be happy to help u.
--- ircservices-bounces at ircservices.esper.net
<florin at andrei.myip.org> wrote:
> I see what you mean. I believe i wasn't ircop. But
here's probably a
> very newbie question - how do i become an ircop
without being on a
> channel? "/op nick" doesn't work, the IRC server
says "no such channel".

> And in order to create channels, i have to become
admin first, since
> ircservices won't let me otherwise. And that's the
catch 22 at the

wrote:
> > To use operserv you must oper-up on the ircd. Are
> > sure u were an ircop when u tried to add services
> > admins?
> > --- ircservices-bounces at ircservices.esper.net
> > <florin at andrei.myip.org> wrote:
> > > I'm using Unreal3.2.2b and ircservices-5.0.48 on
> > Linux.
> > > I properly set the ServicesRoot variable, i
joined
> > as that nick,
> > > registered it, and now the nick is displayed by
the
> > webserver like this:
> > >
> > > OperServ privilege level:Services super-user
> > >
> > > However, when i'm the super-user and i'm trying
> > give admin privileges
> > > to another nick, i get this error:
> > >
> > > operserv/main: Non-oper xyzk!abcd at xxx.yyy.com
sent: