[IRCServices] problem while creating admins

Florin Andrei florin at andrei.myip.org
Wed Mar 2 12:17:32 PST 2005

On Wed, 2005-03-02 at 17:58 +0100, list wrote:
> First of all since you are using Unreal. Have you set yourself as oper
> to Unreal? This meaning have you setupo in the unrealircd.conf like this
>
> oper bobsmith {
>     class           clients;

no

So now you know what my problem was. :-)

> Second of all have you set yourself up as ServiceRoot  in the module.conf?
>     # ServicesRoot <nick>  [REQUIRED]

yes

I changed unrealircd.conf accordingly, now everything is fine, i can set
admins, create channels, tweak access modes, pretty much everything
seems to be fine (at least on surface).

The stumbling block for me was that some kind of "elevated
privileges" (oper) are also required on Unreal, not just on ircservices.
I was thinking that ircservices alone takes care of all that (i thought
ircservices is simply an extension to the IRC server per se, while in
truth they are two different layers with large parts of the
functionality separated).
I think i understand it now - at least i am able to perform the basic
work i was looking to accomplish.

Thank you!

--
Florin Andrei