[IRCServices] problem while creating admins

list list at psam.se
Wed Mar 2 08:58:36 PST 2005

First of all since you are using Unreal. Have you set yourself as oper
to Unreal? This meaning have you setupo in the unrealircd.conf like this

oper bobsmith {
    class           clients;
    from {
        userhost bob at smithco.com;
    };
    password "f00";
    flags
    {
        netadmin;
        can_zline;
        can_gzline;
        can_gkline;
        global;
    };
};

You can set this oper in several ways look at the docs for UnrealIRCd
at http://www.vulnscan.org/UnrealIrcd/unreal32docs.html and the FAQ at
http://www.vulnscan.org/UnrealIrcd/faq/

Second of all have you set yourself up as ServiceRoot  in the module.conf?
    # ServicesRoot <nick>  [REQUIRED]
    #     Specifies the Services "super-user".  The super-user, or "root" as
    #     in Unix terminology, is the only user who can add or delete
    #     Services admins.
    #
    #     This is commented out by default; make sure you insert the correct
    #     nick before uncommenting it.

    #ServicesRoot    SuperUser

This will allow the user with this nick to have super-user access. Not
sure if you have to register it but its a very good idea.

Now you should be able to add new admins to the server. If you want them
to have access to the Unreal commands you need to add them in the way
described above and in the docs.

As an unreal oper you can /mode #sol +o nick to get @ status in any channel.

If you havent commented out this
    CSEnableRegister
in module.conf any user should be able to register a channel while they
are @ in the channel

Psadi