[IRCServices] 2 Problems with 5.0.53 and one question...

Andrew Church achurch at achurch.org
Fri Jun 17 02:02:26 PDT 2005

>Browsing the ircservices DB with a webbrowser via http module and
>dbacces and using the xml-export feature causes the following error
>message:
>*** Global -- from services.ircchat.freenet.de: Network buffer size
>exceeded ignore threshold (95%), ignoring PRIVMSGs
>The resulting xml-file is 16MB and after this message no one else but
>ircopers can communicate with the services.

     The situation should resolve itself as soon as your browser completely
receives the file (unless your browser or proxy keeps the connection open,
in which case you have to wait for the connection to be closed).  If this
is a problem, the only real answer is to raise your network buffer size to
something larger than the XML output size.

>I tried Unreal 3.2.3 with extended nicknamesupport, allowing latin-1
>chars in nicknames.

     Services doesn't support NICKCHARS.  There are too many issues with
non-ASCII nicks that aren't resolved in a standard (e.g. RFC) way.  I may
look into either adding support or writing such a standard during 5.1
development, but as far as current versions of Services are concerned, the
answer is "don't use NICKCHARS".

>Is there an other way to modify the db (resetting all user's language,
>and dropping all forbidden/suspended nicks/chans) than modifying the
>xml export?

     No.

  --Andrew Church
    achurch at achurch.org