[IRCServices] akick not setting channel ban

Aragon Gouveia aragon at phat.za.net
Sat Sep 10 14:19:26 PDT 2005

Hi,

I'm running ircservices 5.0.53 on Unreal 3.2.3.  I'm experiencing a strange
problem where chanserv does not set a channel ban for an akicked user.  It
does, however, kick the user from the channel.  This is a huge problem when
users' clients have auto-rejoin-on-kick enabled.

I'm unable to reproduce the bug.  When it happens there is nothing relevant
logged to ircservices.log.  It does not happen as the result of the
channel's ban list being full.

This has been a problem for a very long time.  I experienced it even in the
days of Unreal 3.2 Beta and ircservices 4.5.  It's becoming a bigger problem
now that certain channels have grown to over 100 users.  Until now I've
kinda just hoped newer versions would fix it.  But that's evidently not the
case...

Is anyone else experiencing this?  Anyone know of a fix?  Or any suggestions
as to how I can debug it?

Thanks,
Aragon