[IRCServices] Strange message with TS

Andrew Church achurch at achurch.org
Mon Sep 26 11:46:40 PDT 2005

     The -o/+o and TS change is a result of enabling the CSSetChannelTime
option in your configuration file (modules.conf).  The -o/+o, in
particular, is not generated directly by Services, but is an artifact of
the way your IRC server handles the TS update: the user already has ops
from being the first user in the channel, but when Services sends a TS
change, your IRC server blindly clears all modes (including ops) from the
channel before noticing that Services didn't actually request the user's
ops to be cleared, and then sends out a +o to correct its mistake.  So
technically, this is a bug (or at least an annoyance) in your IRC server.

     Thus, the -o/+o is harmless, but if it bothers you, disable
CSSetChannelTime in modules.conf.

     This information has been added to the manual and the FAQ for the next
release.

  --Andrew Church
    achurch at achurch.org
    http://achurch.org/