[IRCServices] problem connecting ircservices to server

Andrew Church achurch at achurch.org
Sun Oct 15 22:51:02 PDT 2006

>I'm using ircd 2.11.1p1 and want to use ircservices (currently 5.0.58).
>I had it compiled and installed with no problem (on Linux 2.6.17.7, i686
>athlon-4). They are on the same machine, but when I start services,
>there's an error in ircservices.log (this is sent from ircd to
>ircservices) :
>ERROR: Server version is too old.
>Then connection closes

     ircd 2.11 isn't supported by Services 5.0.  I can look into adding
support for 5.1 if you want to use that IRC server, but my recollection is
that the ircd 2.x series does not work well with Services, so I would
suggest picking a different IRC server if feasible (for a listing of IRC
servers that are supported by Services, see section 2-1 of the manual:
http://www.ircservices.za.net/docs/2.html#1, or for version 5.1, still in
testing: http://www.ircservices.za.net/download/testing/docs/2.html#1).

  --Andrew Church
    achurch at achurch.org