[IRCServices] Compilation Error ( ircservices-5.0.59.tar.gz)

mielie69 mielie69 at nerdshack.com
Tue Dec 5 12:29:22 PST 2006

Hi,

My Box is running SuSE 10.0 and i receive the following error with
configure, this doesnt stop compilation of the services, but i do get
this error.

This is my ./configure log, as you will see everything is fine till it
gets to the line saying that it cannot find strdup, i have checked in my
/usr/includes directory and it is there, i have even written a test
script to see if my system recognizes it, what can i do to get
ircservices to recognize it is there? This was all because i want to
link ircservices to Inspircd and im using their module for this, their
module requires strdup and ircservices doesnt seem to recognize that my
system has it.

Any help on this topic will be much appreciated.

Many Thanks

mielie69

Checking sanity of /bin/sh... high.
Searching for a suitable compiler... great, found gcc!
Testing default compiler flags (-O2 -fno-strict-aliasing)... looks good.
Let's see what libraries we need...
Checking if we can use dynamic modules... yes.
Checking whether ranlib exists... yes.
Looking for an 8-bit integer type... char
Looking for a 16-bit integer type... short
Looking for a 32-bit integer type... int
Checking the size of int... 32 bits
Checking the size of long... 32 bits
Checking the size of time_t... 32 bits
Checking the size of gid_t... 32 bits
Checking for socklen_t... present.
Checking for presence of include files (it's okay if some aren't there):
    strings.h... present
    sys/select.h... present
    sys/sysproto.h... not present
Seeing if your system defines int16/int32... not found (this is good).
How to complain when something goes wrong... ah, strerror() is here.
*Looking for other routines we want that you don't have... strdup*
Checking how to install files... looks like "install" will work.
Seeing if "install" will create directories... OK.
Checking how to copy directories... /bin/cp -dpr
Creating config.h... done.
Creating Makefile.inc... done.
Saving configuration results in config.cache... done.

All done!  Now edit defs.h as needed, and run "make" (or possibly "gmake")
to compile Services.  See the README and FAQ if you have any problems.