[IRCServices] Regarding Founder Passwords

Andrew Church achurch at achurch.org
Sat Mar 17 12:55:02 PDT 2007

>Say I identify to a channel with the founder password, and I am either not
>in the room or have left the room. Is there a time limit as to when the
>'founder access' expires, or is that data only destroyed when I disconnect
>or otherwise part from my registered nickname?

     Services keeps track of channels you have identified for as long
as you are connected to IRC, even if you change your nickname.  (The
assumption is that if you know the password for the channel, you're
authorized to perform founder actions on that channel, and that fact
won't change regardless of what other actions you might take on IRC.)

  --Andrew Church
    achurch at achurch.org
    http://achurch.org/