[IRCServices] IRC+: RFC for IRC services

Alexey Uzhva alexey at kvirc.ru
Mon Jun 18 10:08:35 PDT 2007

Hello. You received this message because you are listed as one of the IRC
developers.

I would like to present you the upcoming RFC for irc services. It is named
"IRC+" together with currently nonexistent projects. The website of the
project is www.irc-plus.org (dedicated forum will be soon) and the IRC
channel is #irc+ <irc://irc.freenode.org/#irc+> on the Freenode
irc://irc.freenode.org/#irc+

The RFC specing the services output. It should be numerics instead of
notices. The clients/botmakers/etc will be able to handle services requests
and make really useful and user-friendly IRC. And it is also include strong
crypted auth to make IRC more secure.

Of course this changes must be optional and enabled only on per-session
basis. So all old clients will be able to live as now.

I'm one of the KVIrc Development Team, also XChat, Konversation, WeeChat
agree with ideas of this RFC. It is not complete, so I'm waiting for your
comments/ideas to include in it (if any).

Do you interesting in this project? It is too hard to find somebody working
on irc now...

I'm waiting for reply on this message, or you are welcome to our channel.

P.S: sorry for my english, please.

--
Alexey Y Uzhva

Everything will be all right in the end.
If it's not all right, it's not the end.