[IRCServices] Unreal and OperServ Sessions

Andrew Church achurch at achurch.org
Thu Oct 25 04:54:53 PDT 2007

>Recently on our network, immediately following a netsplit, OperServ
>seemed to go crazy with session limit kills. When I did a bit of
>research, it appeared that OperServ was still counting split users in
>the session list, so when the servers reconnected, suddenly a lot of
>hosts were exceeding the session limit. We're running Unreal 3.2.5 and
>Services 5.1.3. Any ideas?

This sounds at first read like it could be a NOQUIT feature desync, where
the server thinks it's operating in NOQUIT mode but Services doesn't.
Did you happen to check whether Services' online user count (from OperServ
STATS) matched the actual network state after the netsplit?  Were there
any unusual messages in the logfile?

  --Andrew Church
    achurch at achurch.org
    http://achurch.org/