[IRCServices] Unreal and OperServ Sessions

Bill Kramme bk at slashnet.org
Wed Oct 24 14:22:32 PDT 2007

On 10/24/07, Andrew Church <achurch at achurch.org> wrote:
> This sounds at first read like it could be a NOQUIT feature desync, where
> the server thinks it's operating in NOQUIT mode but Services doesn't.
> Did you happen to check whether Services' online user count (from OperServ
> STATS) matched the actual network state after the netsplit?  Were there
> any unusual messages in the logfile?

I didn't run STATS but in the SESSION LIST 3 output there were a lot
of hosts listed with zero or one user connected, so I'm sure that
OperServ thought there were a lot more users connected than there
actually were.

Odd log entries from around the time of the splits:
[Oct 24 14:23:30 2007] Source missing from SQUIT message
[Oct 24 14:53:00 2007] Source missing from SQUIT message
[Oct 24 14:53:30 2007] Source missing from SQUIT message

Other than those three source-missing errors, there are several "SJOIN
to channel for non-existent nick" errors following the reconnect, but
I frequently see those after netsplits with no obvious associated
problems.

This problem didn't occur until the first split after installing 5.1.3.

--
Bill Kramme
Network and Services Administrator