[IRCServices] Services Protocol for InspIRCd 1.2

Robin Burchell surreal.w00t at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 03:03:18 PST 2007

It probably wouldn't take (much) modification.

The way we quick-converted our source base over was more or less:
  - Convert FindNick to find by UID if isdigit(*nick)
  - Store UID in the user structure (you'll need to generate/store for
pseudoclients too, though, I guess. Though that code isn't too
complicated.)
  - ???
  - Profit!

That said, it may be a little more complex with services, depending on
how many functions are hardwired to send with nickname instead of UID.
As I recall, Services keeps a lot of these in core - when it would be
better served relegating some of the heavy lifting of formatting
messages, etc, to protocol modules.

Still. We'll wait and see, I guess. :)