[IRCServices] IRC services won't start

Niek van der Steen niek at signet.nl
Mon Nov 26 07:03:48 PST 2007

Hi,

This is my first e-mail to this mailing list, so, please correct me if I
did something wrong, but, don't shoot me ;)

I have a debian box, and did sudo apt-get install ircd-ircu.
So, I've IRCu installed. Little configuration things in the
/etc/ircd/ircd.conf file, but pretty much done.

Then I went searching for a IRC-services package. Found one, this one :)
I configured the package (first installed it, it was a .deb package).

I started it, it says that everything is okay, no errors, and:
"Initialization successful, starting IRC Services.".

I joined my IRC server, and did:
/msg ChanServ HELP
said back to me: "[15:51:48] ChanServ: No such nick".
Tried it with Nickserv too, same reaction.

Soo ..  It is running (ps -ax is the proof) but. Not responding ? well,
No services online I can tell you :)

Anybody fimilair to this problem, or knows what I did wrong ?

Best Regards,
Niek van der Steen