[IRCServices] IRC services won't start

Andrew Church achurch at achurch.org
Tue Nov 27 01:46:18 PST 2007

The first thing to do when you encounter problems is to check the Services
log file (ircservices.log by default).

You said you installed ircu; in all probability, the version you installed
is not supported by Services (which only supports ircu 2.9).  Check
section 2 of the Services manual (docs/2.html) for a list of supported IRC
servers, and make sure you're using one of them.  You'll also need to
configure Services and your IRC server correctly, as described in the
Services manual and your IRC server's documentation.

  --Andrew Church
    achurch at achurch.org
    http://achurch.org/