[IRCServices Coding] Feature Request - End of thread.

Tom Moyer squall157 at Hotmail.com
Wed Apr 24 13:52:26 PDT 2002

LMAO... ok ill drop it. But ill also add one last thing.

As an admin WHY should i have to have 30 things to accomplish something if
one thing can do it.
WHy should i have to connect 3 servers for 1 server of chat to occur.  i
mean hey 1 server for services 1 server for Proxy checking/other stuff yall
are telling me you dont want to add and 1 server for the daemon.  Simply put
if i can get the functionality in 1 product why not go for it. IRC Services
is AWESOME, andy you have a great set of services and i am sure the next few
versions will be just as great.  We all know you have a set path for it, and
you dont really want to veer off that path and i respect that =) im just
trying to make suggestions along the way, that imho you set this Discussion
forum up for. Suggestions on what Real Admins want.  i have 2 Network
admins, and myself.  We all want proxy checking one of my admins loves the
idea of botserv where i dont like it. The other one loves the idea of having
the online thing where users can check their memos, IE a more user friendly
way of doing things for java users.  I make the suggestions to yall because
its what is wanted. Now its up to andy what he wishes to do with them, Yes i
know its good to have feedback, but there is an extent, I mean im new here
just trying to help out and get a feature i have wanted for a long time so i
make a suggestion and get reemed here... I gotta say yall are kinda blind to
what some ppl want. Just because 5 people dont wish to have a feature in
services dosent mean 500 other admins arnt looking for services that has
this feature.
I dont believe i can support another process on my shell, so if someone
would like to help me code a module i would be verry happy =)

Now ill end it where i found it i wont mention proxy checking agian, unless
someone else responds to this thread and yells about it agian... Shesh..

Thanks