[IRCServices Coding] Services 5.0 alpha 32 released

Andrew Church achurch at achurch.org
Mon May 13 00:49:00 PDT 2002

     Okay, so I've finally worked my way through my local bug list and
taken care of everything there.  I still need to give the code one last
run-over, and see what things in the TODO list deserve to go into 5.0, but
this alpha can be considered the equivalent of a "release candidate" for
the first beta version.  As usual, please let me know of any problems you
encounter--the less problems left in the beta version, the fewer questions
I have to field from all the people who try the beta out and find it
crashing all over the place. (:

     Actually, it just occurred to me I still need to resolve that FreeBSD
socket issue... so I guess there'll be at least one more alpha coming out
after all.

Changes in version 5.0 alpha 32
-------------------------------
2002/05/13	ChanServ no longer removes chanops from IRC operators who
		    give themselves or others +o via an ircd feature.
		    Reported by Romek Krisztian <r-krisztian at softhome.net>
2002/05/13	Added StatServ support to httpd/dbaccess module.
2002/05/12	Changed the default required access level for the ChanServ
		    CLEAR command from founder-only to 100 (SOP).
2002/05/12	The ChanServ LEVELS help no longer mentions the SOP/AOP/etc.
		    commands if the access-xop module is not loaded.
2002/05/12	Fixed a bug causing ChanServ LEVELS DESC help to be displayed
		    for all LEVELS help queries _except_ LEVELS DESC.
2002/05/10	Fixed failure to recognize protocol features when using
		    static modules, and added extra checks to ensure
		    variables are set up correctly.
2002/05/09	Improved dynamic module usability check in configure script
		    to handle OpenBSD correctly.  Suggested by Chris Plant
		    (chris at monkeyircd.org)
2002/05/08	Changed init.c to avoid a compilation warning under GCC 3.
		    Reported by Craig McLure <frostycoolslug at hotmail.com>
2002/05/07	StatServ SERVERS DELETE and other root-only commands now
		    say "permission denied" instead of "syntax error" when
		    used by a non-root IRC operator.
2002/05/07	Fixed cosmetic bug in AJOIN list-full error message.
		    Reported by Romek Krisztian <r-krisztian at softhome.net>

  --Andrew Church
    achurch at achurch.org
    http://achurch.org/