AW: [IRCServices Coding] 5.0a33

Yusuf Iskenderoglu uhc0 at rz.uni-karlsruhe.de
Sat May 18 06:54:12 PDT 2002

Hello;

Hi,

> 1) Upon registering a nickname that has not been completly
> AUTH'd, your
> email address shows up in a /ns INFO report.  At this point,
> you cannot set
> HIDE email on. Possibly a privacy issue.

In the example-modules.conf you will see:
    # NSDef...  [OPTIONAL]
    #     Sets the default options for newly registered nicks.  Note
that
    #     changing these options will have no effect on nicks which are
    #     already registered.  Options not listed here will be unset on
new
    #     nicks.
    #
    #     If both NSDefKill and NSDefKillQuick are given, NSDefKillQuick
    #     takes precedence.  KILL IMMED cannot be specified as a
default.

    #NSDefKill
    #NSDefKillQuick
    NSDefSecure
    #NSDefPrivate
    #NSDefHideEmail
    #NSDefHideUsermask
    #NSDefHideQuit
    NSDefMemoSignon

Where you can set NSDefHideEmail, and newly registered nicknames will
have hidden email addresses. So your case does not really exist, and
there is no privacy issue with it ;-)

> 2) I would have a "NSIsOp", "CSIsOp" etc. to say whether or
> not you want
> services' pseudo-clients to have the +o flag after
> registration.  Maybe I'm
> just nitpicking, i'd rather not see robots in /who 0 o.

Question: After which registration ?
Information: Some commands services clients generate, can get rejected
by
the server, if these do not have operator flags. Example:
If OperServ were not +o, you could not KILL noone.
This does not necessarily apply to U:Line capable servers, though.

Regards;
yusuf