[IRCServices Coding] nick.db - Invalid Format

Russell Garrett rg at tcslon.com
Sat May 18 10:58:28 PDT 2002

On Sat, 2002-05-18 at 18:28, Brendan Bowden wrote:
> I'm getting the same kind of thing using bahamut-1.4.33 and
> ircserv-a33... seemingly random segfaults followed by a corrupted
> nick.db. Any hints on how I can get this bug tracked down?

Recompile services with the -dumpcore option passed to configure (if it
isn't already - can we have this enabled by default in the alpha/beta?),
then wait for services to segfault and you should have a core file in
the same directory as the ircservices executable.

Feed it into gdb like this:

gdb /path/to/ircservices /path/to/core

gdb will spew out lots of rubbish, followed by a (gdb) prompt - type
'bt', then grab the resulting trace and post it to the list.

Russ Garrett (russ at garrett.co.uk)