[IRCServices Coding] Concerns with sendpass

Panagiotis Kefalidis ( Gizm0 ) gizm0 at mail.gr
Thu May 30 21:46:38 PDT 2002

Óôßò Thu, 30 May 2002 14:46:17 -0400 "Ben Goldstein" Ýãñáøå:

> 1) In order to sendpass, you have to be using the nick you want to
> retreive
> the password for.  If someone else is online using your nickname, you're
> stuck.
>
> 2) When you request a sendpass, your email address is shown to you.  This
> would typically a good thing,  but this means I can go around and get
> anyone's email address and spam away, getting around SET HIDE EMAIL.  I
you will propably get killed for services flood.
> suggest not showing the address if HIDE EMAIL is set, or either
good idea.
requiring
> the user to /ns sendpass <nick> <email>.
are you crazy?imaging changing to your nick ,doing /ns sendpass yournick
mymail at mymail.arpa and sending your password to my e-mail account :]

> 3) Not related to sendpass but to AUTH: I am thinking an OS SET switch to
> suspend pending AUTH-expirys might be good in case your ISP is having mail
> problems. This might only be a problem on larger networks, but then again
> they are more likely to have their own mailserver.. *shrug*
>
> Some things to think about.
>
> -- Ben Goldstein (beng at nc.rr.com)

and for your previous post about the %S and %s.The %S it is correct.it
used to identify if we are reffering to a services pseudoclient ( so it
is %S ) or to any kind of other stuff ( so it is %s)

"I can see the darkness in your eyes."
              Gizm0.-

http://www.mail.gr/ - Get Your Private Free Email Address!
http://www.ringtone.gr/ - Ringtones & Logos for your mobile!