AW: [IRCServices Coding] A few things...

Yusuf Iskenderoglu uhc0 at rz.uni-karlsruhe.de
Fri Sep 20 00:57:05 PDT 2002

Hello;

>* services.shadownet.za.net changed topic to 'blah blah (nick)'
>
>What do you guys think about making it look like the following:
>
>* ChanServ chaned topic to 'blah blah (nick)'
>
>Personally that looks neater and for new users the above one
>can be confusing. This happens when using the /CHANSERV TOPIC
>command as well as when services links to the network and/or
>relink due to a netsplit. Its basically just a cosmetic thing.

No, AFAIK at least Unreal does not allow ChanServ set the TOPIC that
way.

>Also I was wondering if there is any chance that you can use
>the ChanServ and NickServ SENDPASS option without enabling
>AUTH in NickServ when registering?

How will you ensure that the email is correct ? If it is not
Authenticated ? Users could have set a at b.c.de as email.

>Will there ever be a proxy module? Having a proxy scanner in
>services is a really good idea because people don't have to
>use extra background processes for a seperate scanner.
>Implementing a scanner like NeoBOPM would be great. I know
>that if I want one I should code it myself but I am useless at
>coding. I thought it would be a nice idea as this is the place
>for suggestions.

I believe NeoBOPM, now a renamed project is not as good as ist
Origin BOPM, just as IrcServices is better than all its clones.
Since Bopm is working fine and supports more than some oddities
Like NeoBOPM, I would anyway advise using it, and not combine it
With services and add additional tasks to services.

Regards;
Yusuf

| Yusuf Iskenderoglu                | You get to meet all sorts,     |
| eMail - uhc0 at rz.uni-karlsruhe.de  | in this line of work...        |
| eMail - s_iskend at ira.uka.de       |                                |
| ICQ UIN : 20587464 \ TimeMr14C    |                                |