[IRCServices Coding] NickServ feature request

daan at devilish.xs4all.nl daan at devilish.xs4all.nl
Sun Sep 29 13:58:09 PDT 2002

Due to the fact the mailling list search machine is broken (is already
reported) and my personal quest through the archives havent found a
similair request here's my request for NickServ. Call it useless, call it
neat, call it whatever you want, but I like it.

Feature: /msg NickServ IDENTIFY nickname password / nick change tracking

Why?:    After changing my nickname I more or less lose my authorisation
         to most of the commands I cant use allthough Im an oper. After
         changing back I can use it all again.
         This bites, since a simple info request, like "why am I banned"
         requires me to change my nick, resulting in the good old "hey ppl
         an admin!" thought which in turn results to a nice pm fest.

	 In my experience keeping your nick as it is and answering the pm
         quickly keeps the user happy and gives me enough time to sleep.

	 "Why not get more ppl active to help out users?"
	 First of all thats not my own call, secondly there's always a
	 someone who wants help when you are going away. Last but not
	 least, who doesnt want to access some stuff when pretending to be
         idle :).

--rip-dude