[IRCServices Coding] "secure" messaging of services / unreal 3.2 and forcible nick changes

David Orman monolith at orblivion.com
Thu Oct 10 10:40:14 PDT 2002

Is there a way to have services disallow usage of /msg nickserv command
and so forth, and force the user to use /msg nickserv at services.blah.com
command instead? I want to disallow usage of the old /msg nickserv style
commands, and instead use the alias features of unreal to utilize
/nickserv command, having the alias msg the full
nickserv at services.blah.com.

Second question: will there be forcible nick changing functionality in
services for unreal 3.2? I'm not sure if the ircd supports it natively,
but I've been on networks running 3.2 and have seen opers change user
nicknames forcibly, so I assume it can be done, and that the unreal module
does not support it at this current time for whatever reason (backwards
compatibility?) I would really like to impliment the Guest nickname style
nick "kills" instead of having services literally kill users off the
network.

Thanks for all your help/input...

David

--