[IRCServices Coding] operserv / akill

Andrew Church achurch at achurch.org
Fri Oct 25 09:39:44 PDT 2002

>granted that unreal isnt the most "stable" IRCd (/me watches words.. Finny's
>about..) but what it lacks in stability, it makes up for in functionality..
>
>But this is not the point. if theres a bug somewhere in services, that
>should be solved, instead of resorting to some stupid method thats easily
>breakable.

     I can't find any reason for Services to be doing this, unless the IRC
servers either are misconfigured or have bugs.  If someone can supply me
with a debug log from Services startup to an occurrence of the problem,
then I'll look into it.

     As a workaround, enabling NoBouncyModes in ircservices.conf should
work, but if the problem really is with your IRC servers then you may end
up with mode floods.

  --Andrew Church
    achurch at achurch.org
    http://achurch.org/