[IRCServices Coding] BotServ

Colin Thorpe(SCF) ghozer at scfclan.com
Thu Dec 19 07:22:39 PST 2002

> > And still, as always, i dont see the point in BotServ.
>
> yeah, you don't, but some people do.

The point in botserv, Is as-follows (If the BotServ meets the same standard
as most others)

1) Easy / shorter command structure (Instead of "/msg chanserv op #chan
nick" or "/chanserv op #channel NICK" etc.. it's Just Channel based commands
"!op NICK") - Which is easier for people who are new to IRC,

2) Most of the time, BotServ places a physical Pseudo Client to reperesent
the bot.. IN the channel.. This is not only preferred by some users and
channels, But it also gives others somthing to relate to, and an easier way
of seeing that it is a registered channel.

3) I have talked to alot of people, asking what services they use, and why,
Alot have said cygnus or epona etc, When i ask "why not IRCservices" thier
reply is simple, "Because there is no BotServ"

4) mostly the same as number 3, But really.. "Because people want it"

IF i could code, I would make one my-self, I would even be willing to pull
together a team to make one, Even though i cannot code and i
do not know how to... Though i would not mind pulling a team together...

If anyone is interested in this, Let me know VIA Personal e-mail,

ghozer at scfclan.com

Thanx

Colin Thorpe
(AKA Ghozer)

irc.Tri-Net.Org - UK admin
irc.UTChat.com - CS Admin
Clan{SCF} Founder / Leader
Sacrificial ~n~ Cold Fear
www.clanscf.com
#Clan{SCF} - irc.UTChat.com
Fear, is not knowing. Terror, is finding out.