[IRCServices Coding] Recognizing ServicesRoot for UMODE Change

Jeffery Kam jskam at shaw.ca
Sat May 3 06:53:49 PDT 2003

Ok, this used to work before, but for some reason it just stopped.  I
use the dreamforge.c protocol, and I've added a UMODE to my ircd and
services to change the umode for ServicesRoot to +R.  But for some
reason, I can't get it to recognize when ServicesRoot is oper'd and
ready for the mode change.  In the same way as +a.  This is not an IRCD
problem because I have gotten other modes working, such as +C (Services
Operator).

If someone can give me some insight, it would be greatly appreciated.

### Modules/protocol/dreamforge.c ###

--- WORKING UMODE +C CODE ---

      case 'C':

        if (is_oper(user)) {

            if (user->ngi->os_priv == NP_SERVOPER) {

                if (!add)

                    send_cmd(ServerName, "SVSMODE %s +C", user->nick);

            } else {

                if (add)

                    send_cmd(ServerName, "SVSMODE %s -C", user->nick);

            }

            return 1;

        }

--- NOT WORKING UMODE +R CODE ---

      case 'R':

        if (is_oper(user)) {

            if (stricmp(user->nick, ServicesRoot) == 0) {

                if (!add)

                    send_cmd(ServerName, "SVSMODE %s +R", user->nick);